Mental Health Navigators
Who are the Mental Health Navigators?
The Mental Health Navigators are an organization of students and staff at Student Life’s Counseling and Consultation Service who are passionate about mental health outreach and contributing to the Culture of Care on Ohio State’s campus.
Mental Health Navigator participants can make a real impact on campus, and with their fellow Buckeyes. The primary goals are to decrease mental health stigma and increase proactive mental health routines for all Buckeyes.
Everyone is welcome to join any of our bi-weekly Mental Health Navigator meetings to:
- Learn more about mental health resources and campus outreach efforts
- Provide feedback and brainstorm ways to support and engage with other students
- Explore future leadership opportunities
- Hear from guest speakers who are experts in the field
We invite you to attend our Mental Health Navigator Speaker Series. Staff from Counseling and Consultation Service will speak on a number of different topics related to Mental Health. These sessions will be held via CarmenZoom. Simply click the link at time of the session to join. Hope to see you there!
Become a Lead Mental Health Navigator
Want to take a more active role in providing direct outreach to students on campus? Apply to become a Lead Mental Health Navigator and join us at various events to raise awareness.
The opportunity to apply will be available a few times each year and those selected will assist in a variety of outreach efforts and build important skills, including:
- Anti-racist and inclusive practices
- Trauma-informed outreach
- In-depth information about campus resources
- Empathy, active listening and interpersonal skills
- Urgent concern response
Interested in becoming a Lead Mental Health Navigator?
For more information email Kaylee Enscoe, Senior Staff Therapist and Program Coordinator.