The Care Manager position at CCS works to:
- Support students hospitalized for mental health reasons
- Refer to services and assist with linkage
- Connect and collaborate with community providers
Returning to campus after a short or extended absence can be stressful. The Care Manager works with on campus offices and hospital staff to assist the student with:
- Assisting to orient students to services offered at CCS during an inpatient stay
- Getting support in re-integrating into housing and academic life
- Getting connected to academic support and assistance
- Consultation for linkage to CCS brief services like individual therapy, groups, workshops and psychiatry
- Learning about mental health services ON AND OFF campus
- Receiving referrals to meet your specific insurance and eligibility needs
Sometimes student needs from CCS are best met through direction in securing services at another place on campus or in Columbus. The OSU campus and the Columbus OH area are rich in resources and can serve students in a number of ways. Situations where you might seek referral services from CCS:
- If you don’t feel comfortable coming to a campus office to receive services for privacy reasons
- When you know you want specialized or longer-term treatment
- When you are unsure which resource on campus or in Columbus is best for you
- When you need consultation about providers accepting your insurance coverage
To receive assistance for these or other referral issues you will need to call 614-292-5766 to schedule an appointment with the Care Manager.
Examples of area resources
|Campus Area Emergency Room:||Ohio State University Emergency Department||614-293-8333|
|Emergency Psychiatry:||Netcare Access||614-276-2273|
|On Campus Resources:||OSU Main Campus|
|Food pantry resources||See Above|
|Housing resources||See Above|
We value community provider partners and are always looking for referral sources. If you wish to receive referrals from the Counseling & Consultation Service (CCS) at The Ohio State University, you should click hereto download the data form; or click on the pdf link on the right hand side of this page, complete it, print it and mail or fax it to CCS. Questions on this process can be addressed to Jennifer at email@example.com
Note to Mac users: this form requires that it be updated using the genuine Acrobat reader, freely downloadable from www.adobe.com. Other PDF readers available for the Mac have proven problematic.
Please complete the form online, but you can also print the form and fax or mail information to:
Jennifer Lang, MA, MSW, LISW
Counseling & Consultation Service
4th Floor, Younkin Success Center
1640 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
or fax to (614) 688-3440.
Please see the About Us and Our Services webpage to learn more about services provided that could be helpful for students in addition to services you may provide. This may include group or workshop services, which are free and unlimited to students, regardless of insurance coverage. Please feel free to call the Care Manager to consult if considering and having questions about the student’s appropriateness for services.