The Care Manager position at Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) works with students to support students hospitalized for mental health reasons, refer services and assist with linkage and connect and collaborate with community providers.
Students and Hospitalization
Returning to campus after a short or extended absence can be stressful. The Care Manager works with on-campus offices and hospital staff to assist the student with:
- Assisting to orient students to services offered at CCS during an inpatient stay
- Getting support in re-integrating into housing and academic life
- Getting connected to academic support and assistance
- Consultation for linkage to CCS brief services like individual therapy, groups, workshops and psychiatry
- Learning about mental health services on and off campus
- Receiving referrals to meet specific insurance and eligibility needs
Referral Services and Linkage
Sometimes student needs from CCS are best met through services at another place on-campus or in Columbus. The Ohio State campus and the Columbus area are rich in resources and can serve students in a number of ways. Situations where you might seek referral services from CCS:
- If you don’t feel comfortable coming to a campus office to receive services for privacy reasons
- When you know you want specialized or longer-term treatment
- When you are unsure which resource on-campus, or in Columbus, is best for you
- When you need consultation about providers accepting your insurance coverage
To receive assistance for these or other referral issues you will need to call 614-292-5766 to schedule an appointment with the Care Manager.
Examples of Area Resources
- Campus Area Emergency Room
- Emergency Psychiatry - Netcare Access
- On-Campus Resources
- Food Pantry Resources
We value community provider partners and are always looking for referral sources. If you wish to receive referrals from CCS, download and complete the data form, print and mail or fax to the CCS office. Questions on this process can be addressed to Jennifer Lang.
For Outside Providers
Counseling and Consultation Service
4th Floor, Younkin Success Center
1640 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
Or fax the completed form to 614-688-3440.