As a student leader, you are well placed to encourage positive mental health and well-being among students. Whether you lead a student organization, Sorority, Fraternity, are a Resident Adviser, or simply want your friends and classmates to thrive, these strategies are for you. Integrating well-being into your networks is easier than you think.
Establish health and well-being goals for your organization:
- Invite health experts to your regular meetings as guest speakers.
- Ensure all members are aware of resources.
- Consult with professionals to discuss the specific needs of your organization.
- Reach out to the Student Wellness Center
- Request a REACH training for your group, class, or organization.
- Know who you can talk with for support!
- Connect with your adviser, mentor, or supervisor.
- Consult confidently with a mental health professional through “Let’s Talk”.