We know how important it is to get help when you need it and with the resources available at Ohio State, there is something you can do to promote positive mental health and well-being every day, 24/7. All services below are provided by the Office of Student Life at no cost.
- If you have a concern that is urgent or an emergency, please seek immediate assistance. After-hours support is available by calling 614-292-5766 and press #2 to be connected to a counselor in the evening, overnight or during the weekend.
Need to Talk? While your concern may not be urgent, you still do not need to wait long to speak one on one with a counselor or coach who can help.
- “Let’s Talk” offers 15 to 20-minute informal consultations with staff from Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS).
- Buckeye Peer Access Line - This non-emergency talk line that provides a space for students to engage in brief phone conversations in order to gain support and learn about campus resources.
- Wellness Coaching takes a positive approach to personal development, focusing on your strengths and using the Nine Dimensions of Wellness model as a framework for generating goals that are meaningful for you.
Want Skills and Strategies? Discover new ways to manage emotions and sharpen your inherent ability- to thrive as a Buckeye. These services are self-guided or classroom style and designed to integrate with your busy schedule.
- Mental Health Strategies Series – A series of short videos focused on skills and strategies for improving mental health.
- Drop-In Workshops - These workshops are facilitated classroom style and require no sign-up or registration. Maximize your potential to thrive by learning how to manage stress, emotions and thoughts.
- SilverCloud - This online, interactive mental health resource provides students with cognitive behavioral skills and strategies, accessible 24/7. SilverCloud can be either self-guided or used with the support of a coach. SilverCloud does not require a referral and you can start right now.