Young Adult PHP/IOP Support Team
Orientation to Young Adult PHP/IOP at Ohio State Harding Hospital
At times, students may benefit from a higher level of care such as Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) or Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in order to address more chronic and acute symptoms and concerns.
Ohio State Wexner Medical Center’s Harding Hospital Department of Psychiatry offers programs specifically for young adult populations, ages 18-24 years old, to specifically address the unique presenting concerns of this age group and allow for peer support and interaction in a group format.
Student Life’s Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) is pleased to partner with Ohio State Harding Hospital to offer an entry point into these programs for students at Ohio State. This is an appointment considered “orientation” to the Young Adult PHP/IOP offered at Harding Hospital. Orientation is an opportunity for referred students to receive psychoeducation on the structure and benefits of the programs and is co-lead by a care manager at CCS and Harding Hospital clinician. Students can schedule a no-charge assessment to these programs at the time of the orientation.
Any student or individual interested in self referring to the above programs can do so by calling 614-293-9560 to reach the Harding Hospital PHP/IOP office directly.
Additionally, students are offered alternative options for PHP/IOP levels of care should there be scheduling or other barriers.
Young Adult PHP/IOP Support Team
CCS and the following offices meet regularly to consult and work to support students who would benefit from this level of care for treatment:
- Ohio State Harding Hospital Young Adult IOP/PHP
- Student Life Disability Services
- Student Life Student Advocacy Center
- Student Life Student Health Services and Wilce Student Health Center
This team works together to problem solve academic, financial or other barriers to accessing treatment.
Creating a Culture of Care: A Collaboration Between Ohio State Harding Hospital and the Office of Student Life
The Office of Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS), in collaboration with Wexner Medical Center’s Harding Hospital, cordially invite you to join us for the upcoming Creating a Culture of Care conference.
May 14, 2021, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST.
This virtual conference is an opportunity to expand your awareness of treatment options available to Ohio State students. Attendees will gain an understanding of the intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization levels of care available for 18-24 year-olds at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center’s Harding Hospital and how students may benefit from participating in these services. Additional topics covered in presentations and panel sessions are considerations for best supporting students, enrollment, accommodations and campus resources.
We are pleased to have Dr. Melissa Eshelman, Psychiatrist at University of Texas-Austin, as our Keynote Speaker for this event. Dr. Eshelman will be speaking on the benefits and challenges of similar programming at UT-Austin or for a large academic institution.
This conference is being offered at NO COST and funded with a grant received by CCS from Ohio State University Energy Partners.
To attend the conference, please complete the following registration form.
If you are seeking CEU/CME credit, your licensure information is due at registration. CEU/CME will be provided for counselors, physicians, psychologists and social workers. (Please note: CEU approved, CME pending approval).
In addition to our keynote speaker, Dr. Melissa Eshelman, presenters will include:
- Dr. Shawnte’ Elbert, Associate Vice President for Health and Well-being, Office of Student Life
- Arianna Gallagher, Associate Director- STAR Trauma Recovery Center & Partial Hospitalization & Intensive Outpatient Programs, Wexner Medical Center, Harding Hospital
- Jennifer Lang, Care Manager, Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service
- Clinicians from the Young Adult Intensive Outpatient Program/Partial Hospitalization Program
- Dr. Eileen Ryan, Professor and Vice Chair of Clinical Services, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Wexner Medical Center
- Dr. Micky Sharma, Director, Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service
- Panelists on supporting students accessing higher levels of care including Dr. Caroline Wagner, Associate Professor, John Glenn College of Public Affairs, and representatives from the Office of International Affairs, Student Advocacy Center, Wilce Student Health Service, and Office of Disability Services
- A testimonial from an Ohio State student who successfully completed the Young Adult Program
We look forward to having you join us for this unique and exciting professional development opportunity!