Community Providers and Partners
Whether transferring care, identifying a higher level of care, or recommending supplemental resources for students there are many considerations for assisting your client.
- Developing a safety plan with your client is helpful in assisting them navigate periods of distress and getting urgent assistance they need in the moment. Include these Urgent resources in your safety plan.
- While various insurance plans are accepted by Central Ohio providers, out-of-state plans may necessitate additional coordination. Ohio State’s Student Health Insurance provides comprehensive coverage.
- Adjusting to life at college brings expected developmental concerns. We recommend these resources for well-being, prevention, and quick problem-solving.
- Student Life’s Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) provides brief, solution-focused therapy. The first step for students is to complete a screening so we may provide a clinical recommendation and determine a plan for care.
- If our office has contact with your client and they identify working with a treatment provider, we may communicate with you about the student’s concerns and refer them to follow up with you. Your client must complete a release of information for your practice to permit communication.
Establishing ongoing Care in Central Ohio
The Columbus, OH area has many providers and agencies that can work with your client to transfer their care. Community providers are an excellent choice for students seeking frequent, long term and specialized treatment options. Many providers offer in-person or telehealth appointments when appropriate. You can assist your client in developing potential referral options by using our community provider database.
CCS has board-certified psychiatrists onsite to provide time limited services. A portion of psychiatric services are provided by physicians completing their psychiatry residency under the supervision of our primary psychiatrists. To see a psychiatrist at CCS, students must be linked with a counselor at CCS.
Options for students who are not clients of CCS:
Students may consult with a primary care provider regarding mild to moderate symptoms and/or disorders such as anxiety, depression and eating concerns. Student Health Services does not have a psychiatrist on staff.
Ohio State Behavioral Health Immediate Care in Harding Hospital offers in-person or virtual medication management and therapy appointments for adult patients needing services bridged until they meet with their outpatient provider, as well as for those needing an appointment for urgent needs.
Ohio State Harding Hospital provides long term psychiatric medication management.
Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Programs
We have many options locally should your client need a higher level of care for treatment:
Ohiohealth PHP/IOP: Call 614-566-4414
Sun Behavioral Health PHP/IOP: Call 614-963-9910
Columbus Springs: Call 614-421-7196
Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry: Call 1888-552-3511
OSU Harding Hospital: Call 614-293-9560
Behavioral Wellness Group: Call (440) 392-2222
Emily Program: Call (888) 364-5977