What to do while you're waiting for an appointment
Counseling and Consultation Service is here to serve the students of the Ohio State University. The stresses of college, multiple transitions and other concerns keep us moving all year-long. We offer triage on a daily basis and you can schedule a phone screening with us by registering online at https://ccs.osu.edu/secure/appointments/.
In the meantime, we would like to offer you some suggestions for what to do while you are waiting for an appointment.
If you are in need of immediate assistance, please call and ask to speak to an urgent counselor Monday- Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. If you need immediate assistance outside of our normal business hours, please call Net Care Access at (614) 276-CARE (2273) or go to the nearest ER.
Some Quick Tips for Improved Health and well-being:
Try to get 7-9 hours of sleep per night!
Go to the gym!
Eat more fruits and vegetables!
Learn time management skills!
Walk to class!
Drink more water!
Set realistic goals!
Don't be afraid to ask for help!
Create a bedtime routine!
Vary your meals!
- We offer workshops on a weekly basis during the academic year. They are free and open to all students:
- We have and extensive group program that offers 25+ groups each semester to meet individual needs.
- One of our staff psychiatrists, R. Ryan Patel, D.O., FAPA, writes on happiness, success, and brain health for college and beyond, including practical ideas from emerging evidence. Bite size happiness in one page or less.
We have urgent counselors Monday thru Friday 9:00 am- 5:00 pm. If you need immediate assistance outside of our normal business hours, please call Net Care Access at (614) 276-CARE (2273) or go to the nearest ER.
We produce and favorite videos that help, inspire and educate students on a variety of mental health issues.
We share weekly inspirational quotes, link to inspiring stories on a variety of mental health topics and update the campus community on CCS offerings.
- We've got lots of inspiring words, videos, songs and much more to help support you.
Other facilities that offer therapy with a fee to both students and community residents:
- Couples & Family Clinic
- Psychological Services Center
- Anxiety and Stress Disorders Clinic
- Harding Hospital at Wexner Medical Center at Ohio State
- Walter E. Dennis Learning Center free, confidential, one-on-one appointments. Trained in learning and motivation strategies, Learning Specialists work with Ohio State students to examine academic strengths and weaknesses, and explore strategies that lead to success in college
- Student Advocacy can help advocate for you with other entities on campus, mediate with your professors, help you determine whether or not you need to withdraw from classes, etc.
- Disability Services can help you determine if you are eligible for disability services depending on your functional limitations in the academic setting
- Buckeye Link is a new service designed to help you solve problems and answer questions about financial aid and registration issues.
- Financial counseling
- Student Legal Services offers free legal advice about landlord-tenant concerns
- Student Health Services
- Student Health Insurance Program
- Student Wellness Center
- Sexual Violence Education and Support