Need Immediate Assistance?
By law, we are not allowed to disclose any health-protected information about any of our clients without a client’s written consent except if a client is an immediate threat to themselves or the community. Please talk to your student regarding whether or not you have permission to their health information before asking us about their treatment with us.
If you or someone you know is an imminent danger to themselves or someone else, go to the nearest ER or call 911. Directions on how to get to the OSU ER
If you are experiencing a crisis or have an urgent need, please call our office at 614-292-5766 to speak with a therapist. We see students
by scheduled appointments and are currently unable to provide walk in services. In the event of an emergency or need to speak with a
clinician immediately, please visit your nearest emergency department or Netcare Access (http://www.netcareaccess.org/).
After-hours, Counseling and Consultation Service provides crisis consultation for students by calling 614-292-5766 and choosing option 2 which includes weekends and holidays. You also have the option to schedule an appointment to speak with a therapist at https://ccs.osu.edu/schedule-a-phonescreening/.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
National 24/7 suicide hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
Columbus, Ohio Suicide hotline: (614) 221-5445
Military Veterans Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (Press 1)
Suicide Hotline in Spanish: 1-800-273-TALK (Press 2)
LGBT Youth Suicide Hotline: 1-866-4-U-TREVOR
- TEXT “4HOPE” TO 741-741
- FREE, 24/7, CONFIDENTIAL.
Crisis Text Line serves anyone in any type of crisis, providing them access to free, 24/7 emotional support and information they need via the medium they already use and trust: text. Here’s how it works:
- Someone texts into Crisis Text Line anywhere, anytime, about any type of crisis.
- A live, trained specialist receives the text and responds quickly.
- The specialist helps the person stay safe and healthy with effective, secure counseling and referrals through text message using Crisis Text Line’s platform.
Other Local Emergency Psychiatric Resources:
- Netcare Access Crisis Hotline at (614) 276-CARE (2273). Netcare provides twenty-four hour mental health and substance abuse crisis intervention, stabilization and assessment for Franklin County, Ohio residents
- Riverside Methodist Hospital is located at 3535 Olentangy River Road (614) 566-5321
- Mount Carmel West Hospital is located at 793 West State Street (614) 234-5000